Living the RV Dream

Living the RV Dream



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Perfect Ride

Today we had another day off. Victoria had thing she needed to do around the house so I decided a bike ride would be a good way to spend some time off. I waited until late morning because the low temperature for the night was 37 degrees. A bit to chilly for a Florida boy.
When we were up at Teton National Park last week I found out that the main road through the park was closed to cars until May 1st, but open to bicycles. I knew I wanted to ride the park with no traffic while I had the chance. So I loaded up the bike and headed to the park.
I parked the big Dodge in the lot right next to where the road was closed to autos and climbed on my road bike. This ride was so cool. I rode along the main road at a nice pace as I had the wind at my back. I knew the ride back would be a bit slower into the wind, but the ride up was easy.
Not a bad backdrop
Maybe I should have brought my mountain bike
As I rode I just kept looking at the huge mountains just off my left side. The snow is still on the mountains and just adds to whole experience. I took a side road to Jenny Lake. This is a scenic loop that goes along the lake. I peddled along and made a few stops at pull outs just to marvel at the beauty of the lake with the picturesque mountains behind it.
A perfect ride
The mountains reflecting in Jenny Lake
Although I would have liked to go further I had to make this a fairly short ride, about 20 miles.  I had to get back so Victoria could use the truck. I followed the loop back to the main road and turned my
bike into the wind. The wind had picked up a bit which made the return ride slower as I had anticipated. I pushed along my 10 mile return route back to the truck and loaded up for the 1/2 hour
ride home.

I didn’t see any wildlife on my ride except for several different types of birds. As I drove out of the park I did happen across a couple of moose at the Snake River. I almost didn’t stop for a picture as after only two weeks the wildlife here has become common place, but I do not want to take any part of this magical place for granted.
Two moose at the Snake River

No comments:

Post a Comment